Ruminationsis a collection of sundry notes and essays on Logic. These complement and enrich the author’s past writings, further analyzing or reviewing certain issues.
Among the many topics covered are:
- the importance of the laws of thought, and how they are applied using the logic of paradox;
- details of formal logic, including some important new insights on the nesting, merger and splitting up of hypothetical propositions;
- details of causal logic, including analogical reasoning from cause to cause;
- a phenomenological analysis of negation.
Additionally, this volume is used to publish a number of notes and essays previously only posted in the Internet sitewww.TheLogician.net, including:
- a thoroughly revised version of an essay onJ.S. Mill’s Methods;
- various addenda and diagrams forJudaic Logic, as well as a historical essay;
- a brief analysis of Islamic logic.