Logical and Spiritual REFLECTIONS
In Defense of Aristotle’s Laws of Thought
This essay addresses, from a phenomenological standpoint, numerous modern and Buddhist objections and misconceptions regarding the basic principles of Aristotelian logic.Many people seem to be attacking Aristotle’s Laws of Thought nowadays, some coming from the West and some from the East. It is important to review and refute such ideas as they arise.
1. Logicians have to introspect
2. The primacy of the laws of thought
3. The ontological status of the laws
5. Misrepresentation of Aristotle
6. Not on the geometrical model
10. Calling what is not a spade a spade
13. Buddhist critique of change
14. Different strata of knowledge
16. Buddhist denial of the soul
17. The status of sense perceptions
18. The status of dreams and daydreams
20. The laws of thought in meditation
See also, regarding the Laws of Thought:
Future Logic, chapters:2,3,20,31.
Buddhist Illogic, chapters1,2.